In the intricate world of real estate, both virtual and physical manifestations play pivotal roles in effective marketing. As digital platforms proliferate, the significance of tactile marketing instruments such as real estate signs, including hanging yard signs, continues to hold its ground as a timeless linchpin. Although AgentPrint does not provide installation services, to show our appreciation to our loyal customers, we prepared this DIY guide that explores methods to install or hang different types of real estate signage including feather flags, ‘For Sale’ signs, sign riders, and directional signs.
The Importance of Hanging Real Estate Signs Correctly
Just putting up a sign isn’t enough. Real estate agents have to think about how to set it upright. First off, where the sign is placed matters. It has to be somewhere easy to see, drawing in as many people as possible. The sign also needs to look professional and give all the necessary details in a clear and appealing way.
Plus, the sign has to be set up well, keeping it secure and noticeable, no matter the weather. In other words, every part of the process, from making the sign to setting it up, has to be handled with care. So, while new technology plays a big part in the real estate business, never underestimate the power of a well-placed and well-made real estate sign.
Hanging Different Types of Real Estate Signs
Whether it’s a hanging sign, a feather flag, or a directional sign, each has its unique significance and mode of installation. They serve different purposes such as announcing the property for sale or guiding potential buyers to the property. So, understanding these different types of signs and learning how to install them is vital for successful real estate marketing. without further ado, let us dive into how to install or hang real estate signs.
Installing Feather Flags
Feather flags are designed to catch the eye and create a bold, distinct presence. Often used in combination with hanging signage, they’re used to attract potential buyers from afar during open houses or property viewings. Here’s how to install them:
- Assemble the Flag: Attach the fabric to the flagpole, typically by sliding the pole through a pocket sewn into the flag. Ensure the flag is right-side-up and that the pole is fully inserted into the pocket.
- Install the Ground Spike: Locate an appropriate spot for your feather flag. It should be visible from a distance and free of obstructions. Hammer the ground stake into the ground, leaving the top exposed to insert the flagpole.
- Insert the Flagpole: Place the assembled flagpole onto the ground stake. Be cautious as you secure the pole, ensuring it is vertically aligned for maximum visibility and stability.
Installing Metal Posts for Hanging Signs
Also referred to as For Sale signs, these are traditional yet powerful signage. These signs usually feature metal posts for hanging signs, enabling them to withstand various weather conditions. Here’s a step-by-step guide to installing these custom-made signs:
- Choice of Location: Opt for a prominent place with high visibility and a good line of sight for passers-by.
- Digging the hole: Using a post-hole digger, create a hole about one-third of the height of the post for stability.
- Installing the post: Place the post into the hole and ensure it is plumb. Fill the hole with soil or rocks, or set it in concrete to guarantee maximum stability.
- Securing the sign: Affix the sign to the post using durable zip ties.
Installing Sign Riders
Sign riders offer additional information augmenting the primary sign, with compelling features about the property, like a ‘recently lowered price’ or ‘open house.’ Here’s how to install them:
- Attaching the rider: Sign riders come with pre-drilled holes that align with holes in the primary sign or post. Align these holes.
- Securing the rider: After alignment, use zip ties (A.K.A cable ties) to fasten the rider safely to the post or signboard. Ensure the rider is level for a crisp presentation.
- Top rider signs: If you are using a metal post with top rider pins. Simply, insert the rider into the top pins.
Installing Directional Signs
These signs point potential buyers toward your property and when used with A-frame signs or Sandwich Boards, they help define the route for open houses. Here’s how to install them:
- Layout the route: First, drive the path to your property, noting the best spots to place the signs.
- Install signs: Insert the wireframes into the corrugated plastic sign. With moderate force, push the wireframes into the ground until secure. Keep signs at a height and angle that drivers can easily spot.
The efficacy of real estate signs as visual sales pitches is unarguable. They spark intrigue, lure potential homeowners, and silently relay valuable property information. The aforementioned strategies for installing the different sign types, whether it’s hanging yard signs or other types, are integral to ensuring their endurance through diverse weather conditions and maximizing their visibility. As real estate professionals, attaining a working knowledge of proper sign installation equates to the first step in enhancing property visibility, thereby nurturing potential buyer relationships and closing successful deals.